Moscow, July 2 – Neftegaz.RU. Market conditions today set the pace of development for exporting company in any industry, and industrial petrochemical and refining catalysts are no exception. It is important not only to track current trends, but also to respond flexibly to changing competitive environment and the demands of the time.
Group of companies SKTB Katalizator follows this principle. “If you stop, you will be left behind”, said Vitaliy Khan, CEO of JSC SKTB Katalizator. Realization of the 4-year investment project "Implementing CET Technology Initiative: Catalysts, Engineering, Technologies" (hereinafter CET) is a case in point. In 2016, the project was approved by the Investment Council under Governor of the Novosibirsk Region and became the part of Novosibirsk Region Economy Reindustrialization Program up to 2025, and in 2019 was included in Akademgorodok 2.0 Program as one of priority projects.
CET project is comprised of two extensive modules. The first module involves the creation of two new products that were not available at the time of the project launch. The former is the thermally stable catalyst for dehydrogenation of isobutane to isobutylene for fluidized bed. The latter is alumina and titania Claus Catalyst. Our company is involved in manufacturing and loading both catalysts into commercial units at Russian and international refineries.
The second extensive module covers complete reconstruction of the office & laboratory building to create a world-level scientific center of applied catalysis. Principally it means the establishment of comfortable offices and highly capable laboratories fitted with the most-up-to-date equipment. All of this is necessary to create new products, ensure accurate testing of the raw materials used for manufacturing and to attract highly-skilled professionals.
Currently, at the final phase of the project, we can confidently report on high social and budgetary efficiency of the project. Cumulative total since the beginning of the project:
- 62 new jobs were created
- area of renovated office & laboratory premises including common facilities - over 10, 000 m2
- payroll fund including insurance payments – 94.9 million rubles
- average salary per 1 employee – 54.8 thousand rubles
- government support actually received for the project - 36.4 million rubles
- investment volume as of 01.01.2020 – 630.6 million rubles - using own resources of JSC SKTB Katalizator.
“Yes, we went for substantial costs. But if we want the best people to work here and be as motivated as possible to succeed, we must create the best conditions for them. After all, what we are laying now is the foundation for reliable and confident growth for many years to come," says Vitaliy Khan.
CET project implementation by the end of 2020, will result in establishing world-class research and technology center for applied catalysis to develop advanced catalysts and adsorbents, scale up the process technologies and expand the range of high-tech engineering services intended for catalyst industrial applications.
Medium-term Plan of the Company:
- Complete renovation of catalyst testing building and construction of greenfield manufacturing and storage facility with an area of 13,000 m2 to establish production site for scaling up and manufacturing new monolithic catalysts for environmental applications
- Upgrading of catalyst testing equipment to extend engineering capabilities for supplied catalysts maintenance
- Complete retrofitting of mechanical repair shop aimed at construction of production site with capacity 1,500 thousand kg per day to improve manufacturability of top-requested manganese catalysts for environmental applications
- Upgrading of repair and mechanical equipment to manufacture sophisticated products
- Major retrofitting of production lines for all small-scale products.
The investment projects of JSC SKTB Katalizator are implemented in accordance with the Company’s philosophy: “Creating the best company in its sphere of activity by uniting the most competent people and creating the best possible conditions for realizing their creative potential. For the benefit not only of business interests and the well-being of these people, but also of the whole of Russia. Without fanfare, I just believe that actually any business should think about it," says Vitaliy Khan.