Born in 1939 in Voroshilovgrad.
In 1965-74 - worked on Slavianskaia, Uglerodskaia and Zaporozhskaia power stations.
In 1974 - was appointed head of construction at the Uglerodskaia power station.
In 1983-86 - head of All-Union building association on construction of nuclear and heat power stations. After that worked as deputy Minister of RF power engineering and electrification.
In 1996 - was appointed Chairman of the Federal power committee.
In May, 1997- resigned and was appointed deputy Minister of fuel and power.