News // Companies
Statoil seeking extra $1 bln worth of savings in 2017
20 March 2017 , 13:00Neftegaz.RU401
Norwegian energy giant Statoil reported on March 18, 2017, that it is targeting an additional $1 billion worth of cost cuts in 2017.
In the company’s annual report, chief executive Eldar Saetre said Statoil had exceeded its cost improvement target last year and wanted to go further this year.
Mr Saetre also said the next step for Statoil would be to go from project mode to a culture of continuous improvements.
Statoil enjoyed a slight increase in production in 2016 to 1.9 billion barrels of oil, while capex came in $3 billion lower than the original guidance.
It completed 23 exploration wells in 2016 while adding close to 25,000 square kilometres of acreage for new opportunities.
Mr Saetre said the break-even price for the firm’s next generation portfolio of projects is now at $27 per barrel.
On a less positive note, the company’s serious incident frequency went up to 0.8.
A contractor died during construction work in South Korea, while 13 colleagues passed away when a helicopter crashed on its way from Gullfaks B to Bergen in April.
Mr Saetre said: We are not satisfied with this development and have taken several steps to reinforce safety measures throughout the company.
13:30 29.09.2017Summer best time to back out of OPEC deal, Russia says
15:26 25.09.2017Libya and Russia look to cooperation as oil producers defer decision on extending production cuts deal
10:21 25.09.2017Nigeria ready to play OPEC ball, Russia says
17:42 07.09.2017Statoil adds exploration licenses in South Africa
16:03 07.09.2017Rosneft signed a pact with Statoil for joint development of the North-Komsomolskoye field
15:27 04.09.2017Johan Sverdrup partners further lower development costs