News // Companies
Rosneft´s crude oil production increased by about 0,5 % from the 1st quarter 2016
12 August 2016 , 10:02Neftegaz.RU635
Rosneft announced on August 11, 2016, its overall hydrocarbon production for the 2nd quarter of the year was on the rise thanks in part to a drilling boom.
Production for the second quarter was 4.1 million barrels of oil per day, an increase of 0.5 % from the previous period. Total hydrocarbon production was up 0.2 % from the first quarter and 0.7 % year-on-year.
The company credited the increase in production to an intensified drilling program, which was up 16 % from the first quarter. The total footage of development drilling increased 48 % from last year during the first half of 2016.
«In June 2016, a new record in daily drilling footage was set at all producing assets of the company,» Rosneft said in a statement.
Last week, oilfield services company Baker Hughes reported the international rig count, a metric that loosely measures exploration and production activity, was up marginally from June, but still down from last year.
Some energy companies are increasing their activity as crude oil prices recover from below $30 per barrel, though prices are still far below the $100 per barrel level common two years ago.
One of the top producers of crude oil in the world, the Russian company in June reported its net profit of about $224 million was off 75 % from last year. The company attributed lingering weakness in crude oil prices, tax pressures and an increase in overall investments for triggering the decline.
Free cash flow of $1.5 billion was about 40 % lower than first quarter 2015 and the company's net debt increased by 4 %. A profile from the OPEC show total crude oil production from Russia should be up about 1.2 % year-on-year, but lower than the first quarter of 2016.
18:00 20.09.2018Saudi Aramco to spend $133 billion on drilling over the next decade
18:18 19.09.2018West Hercules to drill more exploration wells
12:07 19.09.2018Novatek: Significant reserve growth confirmed at the Utrenneye field
10:21 30.07.2018NOVATEK spuds 1st well at the North-Obskiy license area
18:00 24.07.2018LUKOIL drilled the 1st production well in the eastern part of the Yury Korchagin field
18:00 12.07.2018Weatherford signed deal to spin off its onshore drilling rig business in Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Algeria