Istanbul, March 15 - Neftegaz.RU. The concrete pouring of the foundation slab of Unit 1 of Akkuyu NPP, 1st Turkish NPP completed, Rosatom reported on March 14.
More than 17,000 m3 of the self-compacting concrete have been casted for the foundation slab. Self-compacting concrete is a non-segregating concrete that is placed by means of its own weight while preserving durability and uniformity.
«Like all technological options used during the Akkuyu NPP construction the concreting of the foundation slab of Unit 1 meets all modern requirements of the world nuclear community, IAEA’s safety standards, international and national requirements of Turkey»- Anastasia Zoteeva, CEO of Akkuyu Nuclear said.
Completion of such an important process operation is one of the key events of this year at the construction site of Akkuyu NPP. Construction of exterior and interior walls of the reactor building will be the next stage of operations related to Unit 1. Construction of concrete bases for the auxiliary reactor building and the emergency control room building are simultaneously underway.
Akkuyu Nuclear obtained a Limited Work Permit for Unit 2 of Akkuyu NPP in November 2018. Under the LWP, the engineering studies of the working documentation stage are already in progress; that document lets perform works at all Unit’s facilities but those important for the safety of the nuclear island.
«In 2019 we are expecting obtaining of the main Construction License for Unit 2; then we’ll proceed with concrete pouring of its foundation slab. All operation will be performed based on the lessons learnt during similar operations at Unit 1» Zoteeva added.
The task for this year is to finalize the site terrain. As of today, 70% of the entire territory is ready; the remaining 30% will be created by the end of the year. In parallel with activities on the construction site, the package of documents for TAEK is in preparation for obtaining the Construction License for Unit 3.