Accommodation is being sought for 110 pupils and their teachers who were evacuated from an outdoor education centre because of a gas leak
Accommodation is being sought for 110 pupils and their teachers who were evacuated from an outdoor education centre because of a gas leak.
Two schools, from Italy and London, were staying at the Colomendy Centre in Loggerheads, Denbighshire, where an oak tree fell on six Calor gas cylinders.
It is hoped the visitors will be able to stay at a nearby school overnight.
There were no reported injuries and firefighters used a water jet to disperse the gas cloud.
North Wales Fire and Rescue Service had made the area safe by Tuesday evening and left Calor gas staff at the scene to empty all six cylinders.
Each cylinder holds 3,000 litres of propane gas and once they are emptied then workers will be able to remove the fallen tree.
It is thought this will take until lunchtime on Wednesday with the gas workers set to carry on with the emptying process from first light.
The children and pupils were initially taken to a cafe at the Loggerheads County park, near Mold, following the incident at about midday on Tuesday.
The occupants of a nearby house were also asked to leave.
However, the children were later allowed to return and pick up any essential belongings after the gas was cleared.
It is hoped they will be able to return on Wednesday.