The event aims to gather the energy players to address how to develop optimal energy risk management strategies, to deliver profit, maintain competitiveness, meet regulatory requirements and stabilize operations...
22nd & 24th October 08’ – London – UK
The marketplace for energy and utilities is becoming increasingly competitive. Price volatility and commodity price fluctuation, trading and risk management capabilities, regulatory changes and global growth, are creating an environment where risk management can form the basis of an organization with improved ability to compete and deliver shareholder value.
The 5th Energy Risk Management Symposium aims to gather the energy players to address how to develop optimal energy risk management strategies, to deliver profit, maintain competitiveness, meet regulatory requirements and stabilize operations.
A conference looking at:
• Energy Risk Management: Analyzing the trend and predicting the future
• Energy pricing swings: The challenge it presents to your strategic long-term forecasts and how to respond to it
• How far can you integrate your physical and financial operation and monitor the risk
• Value at Risk (VaR): The possibilities for real-time data to monitor, measure and optimize risk
• The growing global economy: The demand for commodities risk across your product portfolio
• Energy commodities trading: Trends in product sophistication offerings
• Optimizing profit opportunities through commodity trading strategies
• Designing and implementing successful ERM
• Weather risk management and implications for climate change and sustainability
• Insurance Linked Securities and Recent Developments and applications for energy risk
• Setting your strategy in the nascent US carbon market
• Innovative risk solutions for the emissions market
• Carbon legislation and evolution
• ETRM System Comparison
• The proper use and limitations of energy models
• Modeling energy forwards with a delivery period in the framework of the non-Markovian approach
• Risk reporting; power modelling
• Building a world class Enterprise Risk Management program
• Financial and physical risk management in the procurement of energy
• The challenge of managing LNG risk
• The global LNG trade
Nicholas Dazzo, VP Energy Derivatives Marketing, Koch Supply & Trading LP
Michael Carter, Director Credit Risk Solutions, ROME Corporation
James C. Allison, Regional Risk Manager, Gas and Power North America, ConocoPhillips
Andrew Kruger, Director of Carbon Markets, Evolution Markets
Dr. Valery A. Kholodnyi, Managing Director of Quantitative Research & Risk Analytics, Platts
Dr. Jochen Handke, MD, Risk Management, E.ON Energy AG
Brian O’Hearne, Managing Director, Environmental and Commodities Markets, Financial Products, Swiss Reinsurance Company
Keith Barnett, Director of Strategic Analysis, Merrill Lynch Commodities Inc.
Michael Bertuccio, Managing Director Structured Products, Statoil
Alexey Selikhov, Director of Finance, GAZPROM Marketing & TradingIan Clarke, Senior Manager, The Structure Group
Who is attending?
Attendees will be drawn from Energy and Utilities Industry but also Investment Banking experts and Academics.
It will included C-level executives: Chief Risk Officers and Chief Financial Officers, EVPs, SVPs, VPs and Directors of Risk Management, Commodity trading, Regulatory Affairs, Supply and Trading, Fuels and Wholesale Power, Pricing and Hedging, Regulatory Affairs, Pricing and Structure, Special Projects, Engineering and Commodity and Strategic Planning and Policy Development.
To register or to get more information on that very exclusive event, please contact Melanie Mulazzi on
+44 207 981 2504 or