11th of April 2013 Central Research Institute of the Navy and magazine “News of Maritime Petersburg» with the support of the Ministry of Transport will organize the international conference "The Northern Sea Route: state, problems and prospects".
The Northern Sea Route (NSR) with its huge potential for expansion of the international and inter-regional transport is an important component of global transportation and logistics process, the key to the development of the resources of the Arctic zone. The revival of this transport communication is one of the priorities of Russian Federation.
The conference attended by representatives of ministries of RF, the administrations of Russian northern regions, the key shipping and mining companies, shipbuilding firms, design offices, classification societies and other interested parties.
· NSR - the basis of the transport system in the Arctic: the infrastructure, advanced cargo volumes, the impact on the development of Arctic regions of Russia.
· The main activities of the Ministry of Transport for the development of shipping in the Arctic.
· Search and rescue and navigational and hydrographic support of shipping.
· Mineral resources of the Russian territory of Arctic. The main directions of shipping hydrocarbons. Problems of transportation of fish products on NSR.
· Climate change and the area of distribution of ice in the Arctic. The choice of optimal routes sailing ships.
· Requirements for vessels operating in the Arctic. Prospects of development of icebreakers.
· Transportation of goods by NSR: the experience Sovcomflot, Norilsk Nickel and Nordic Bulk Carriers companies.
· Tourism potential of the North Pole, new types of passenger ships for the Arctic.