Iran plans to hold the 1st tender for its new oil and gas contract model on February 15, National Iranian Oil Company (NIOC) Director Ali Kardor said on February 4, 2017.
Ali Kardor said in a press conference that «The plan was to hold the 1st tender at the end of January, but it is postponed and has been set to be on February 15,» adding that delay is due to the fact that «information from some companies was not complete.»
He added that «29 companies have been qualified, but we would like to add more companies to the list.»
Kardor also said that British Petroleum had still not submitted a bid. «BP has not yet sent its information to us. Although we said this is an official process and you need to enter your information, they haven't done it,» he added.
In January, Iran's Oil Ministry published a list of 29 international companies qualified to bid for oil and gas projects following the lifting of sanctions under a landmark nuclear accord that went into effect last year.
Asian giants including China's CNPC and Sinopec International, the Japanese Mitsubishi Corporation and Japan Petroleum Exploration also put in bids along with companies from Malaysia and South Korea.
Iran has increased production to 3.9 million barrels per day from 2.6 million bpd in 2013.
The country has already signed a flurry of deals with international companies.
In November, French oil and gas giant Total signed a preliminary agreement for a $4.8-billion project to develop an offshore gas field at South Pars, which Iran shares with Qatar.
In December, Tehran signed a memorandum of understanding with Russia's Gazprom on the development of 2 major oilfields.
Also in December, it signed three preliminary deals with Shell to examine developing major oil and gas fields.