Moscow, February 25 - Neftegaz.RU.Looking back on the year of 2019, it is to be noted that it was a banner year for the Company. The production targets set for the last year were fully met without failing neither quality of the product nor delivery schedule. Total output of products in the past year amounted to over 15 thousand tons, which is up 5.5 thousand tons (58%) from 2018.The volume of investments in the Company's development reached 448.4 million rubles, showing annual increase (up 48% from 2018). Same deal with average staff number, which in 2019 amounted 275 employees (increase of 1% when compared to 2018). The average monthly salary in the past year increased by almost 17% and amounted to 60.5 thousand rubles.
Export income totaled 95% at the end of 2019. The primary customers of our products are the companies from the Middle East, the United States, the European Union, CIS countries, Australia, and China.
At the production site of Katalizator JSC in Novosibirsk, the raw material preparation section was retrofitted, including, in addition to technical changes implemented, the automation of the section (the process furnaces have been equipped with advanced control system). Construction of a new warehouse for storing finished products started.
In 2019, the R&D Department of the Company was rapidly developing. The first stage of the main building reconstruction was completed: ≈ 800 m2 designed for state-of-the-art, fully-instrumented laboratories (analytical/ research / quality control laboratory facilities). The number of employees increased by 27 %, including skilled professionals. Currently, R&D subdivisions of the Company employ 1DSc and 8 PhD holders in chemistry. The expert personnel allows performing successfully research work on the development of catalysts and carriers and supervising commercial production.
By filing in 2019 14 Russian patent applications and 7 international applications under the PCT, we obtained 7 Russian patents and 1 EU patent, inclusive of:
- patent for a catalyst for naphtha reforming; a process for preparing and using the catalyst
- patent for an alumina-based carrier for catalysts for raw hydrocarbons processing and a process for preparing thereto
- patent for heat recovery in paraffin hydrocarbons dehydrogenation processes; patent for catalyst and transport gas distributors designed for fluidized reactor-regenerator circulating systems
- patent for a process for preparing alumina metal-containing catalyst for processing raw hydrocarbons (variants)
- patent for a plate scrubber
- patent for a process for preparing high-octane gasoline fractions and aromatic hydrocarbons
- patent for a paraffin hydrocarbons isomerization catalyst and process for preparing thereto.
Ring-shaped catalysts with reduced hydraulic resistance of the bed for VOC neutralization have been developed.
To ensure efficient and proper work of the Company's R&D Department, 4 new catalytic laboratory scale test units for reforming, desulphurization, petrochemistry and neutralization of harmful emissions were purchased and put into operation over the last year.
- Lab-scale units for testing catalysts intended for desulphurization processes. Comprising a complex of three test units, they allow solving a wide range of tasks on research of desulfurization catalysts, in particular for the Claus process. Parallel with in-line quality testing, the units enable tackling research challenges, including the initial catalytic activity testing, studying the properties of catalysts in various aging conditions: hydrothermal, oxidative, thermal deactivation, and aging in the presence of hydrocarbons
- Lab-scale units for testing oil refining catalysts. The complex of 4 lab-scale units intended for studying light naphtha reforming and isomerization catalysts.
- Lab-scale unit for testing catalyst activity in the process of deep oxidation of VOC (volatile organic compounds) in the presence of catalytic poisons.
- Lab-scale unit for testing catalyst activity in the process of selective catalytic reduction (SCR) of nitrogen oxides by ammonia using an infrared spectrometer as a detector equipped with a gas cell.
Over a period of several years, the Company has been upgrading the instrumentation pool of the laboratories within the framework of the investment project “Implementing CET (Catalysts, Engineering, Technologies) Technology Initiative”, as well as under R&D programs. Accordingly, the following instruments from leading global producers were purchased and put into operation last year: Scanning Electron Microscope VEGA 3SBH (Tescan, Czech Republic) combined with the Energy-dispersive X-ray Spectrometer, Laser Diffraction Particle Size Analyzer - Mastersizer 3000,Versatile Attrition Tester(VinciTechnologies, France),etc.
A number of existing catalytic units have been upgraded. 11 million rubles worth of new equipment for testing catalysts has been purchased. The activities for creating a commercial plant to produce a catalyst for dehydrogenating ethylbenzene into styrene have been launched.
In the past year, the Company's Engineering Department expanded its competence in the Claus process recovering elemental sulfur. Currently, the experts of Katalizator JSC are ready to provide comprehensive engineering services, including performance analysis of the sulfur recovery unit, calculation of hydrogen sulfide conversion rates at the thermal and catalytic stages, issuing recommendations for the most efficient operation mode, selecting the optimal package of catalysts, testing the physical, chemical and catalytic properties of fresh and spent catalysts, supervision of the catalyst loading, monitoring of the sulfur recovery unit lifetime operation.
In 2019, Katalizator JSC acquired 51 % of the shares in ECAT engineering company, focusing on development and manufacturing the environmental facilities. Today, the Group of Companies SKTB Katalizator consists of Katalizator JSC (with production sites located in Novosibirsk, Achinsk and Linevo), CJSC Industrial Catalysts (Ryazan) and JSC ECAT (Perm).
That same year, Katalizator JSC initiated a project of National Center for Engineering and Catalyst Testing (NCECT). In February 2019, Katalizator JSC presented the NCECT investment project at the Russian Investment Forum in Sochi, with the support of the Governor of the Novosibirsk region. Immediately following the forum, the project was approved at the meeting of the Governor’s Council for Investments to be implemented in the Novosibirsk Region. The project is aimed at increase in output of light oil products in the refining catalytic processes, followed by the production of incremental products on the national scale by about 100 billion rubles per year.
On June 6, 2019, the joint-stock company NCECT was established. In September 2019, a large-scale investment project NCECT was unanimously approved by working group for implementing the Program for Reindustrialization of the Economy of Novosibirsk Region up to 2025 under the direction of the Minister for Trade & Industry of the Russian Federation, Mr. Denis Manturov, at the VII International Forum and Exhibition of Technological Development TECHNOPROM.
At the end of 2019, the investment project NCECT was presented at the meeting of the Governor of the Novosibirsk Region with the leaders of the Russian Direct Investment Fund in the context of the Days of the Novosibirsk Region in the Federation Council of the Russian Federation. Currently, the intensive search and recruitment for investors among major Russian vertically integrated oil companies (VIOK) and independent refineries, as well as foreign investors is continuing.
Katalizator JSC has already invested 250 million rubles and will invest another 250 million rubles by June 2020.These funds are sufficient for the first two years of the project implementation (2020-2021), when the construction of the main facilities is scheduled. The major equipment (catalyst testing facilities, analytical equipment) is expected to be supplied in three stages, and NCECT design capacity is scheduled to be reached by 2024. The total cost of creating the center is estimated at 1.9 billion rubles.
The project "Construction of a plant for the production of rare and rare earth metals" has been under development since 2018. On 11 July 2019, Commission on conformity assessment of socio-cultural or municipal use for the large-scale investment project unanimously approved the project "Construction of a plant for the production of rare metals salts" as meeting the requirements for large-scale projects. In collaboration with municipal authorities of Linevo, the location of site suitable for project implementation was chosen in Linevo Priority Social and Economic Development Area. The authorities are currently operating in coordination with the Government of the Novosibirsk Region to prepare and provide the site with infrastructure. The project "Construction of a plant for the production of rare earth metal salts" is scheduled to be implemented by 2021. In the period 2023 to 2025, depending on market conditions, it is planned to launch the second stage of equipment.
Awards and Achievements of the Company in 2019
1. Participant of the National Voluntary Certification Project "Made in Russia". Certified as Russian Exporter to confirm that the Company is a bona fide manufacturer and reliable supplier of export products.
2. Participant of priority project of the Ministry of Economic Development of the Russian Federation “Support of Private High-Tech Leading Companies (National Champions). Annual participant of the National TechUp Rating of Russian fast-growing high-tech companies.
3. Winner of the All-Russian Competition "100 Best Products of Russia”.
- Golden Mark of the best Russian product was awarded to АОК-63-22 alumina dryer, GradesО, К, С.
- Silver Mark was given to the Claus Titania catalysts AOK-75-46, Grades A, B, V and AOC-75-44 – catalyst for selective oxidation of hydrogen sulfide to sulfur.
- Award for achievements in the field of quality was presented to Vitaly Khan, CEO of Katalizator JSC.
4. Man of the Year Award. Vitaly Khan, CEO of Katalizator JSC was recognized as Exporter of the Year.
5. “Faces of Business” Award. Katalizator JSC became the winner in the Business of Technology category. When selecting the winner, the investment project "Implementation of the CET technology initiative: Catalysts, Engineering and Technologies" was considered, aimed at upgrading the Company's administrative and laboratory building with technical re-equipment of about 40 research laboratories.
6. The National Award in the area of Entrepreneurship “Golden Mercury”. Katalizator JSC was given the II Prize of the regional competition stage.