USD 64.2548

-0.11

EUR 70.8473

-0.08

BRENT 58.86

+0.02

AI-92 42.16

+0.05

AI-95 45.93

+0.05

AI-98 51.82

-0.03

Diesel 46.15

+0.11

50

LUKoil, U.S. Nalco set up chemical reagent JV

LUKoil, Russia's largest independent oil producer, and U.S. Nalco Holding Company will establish a joint venture to produce chemical reagents in Siberia, LUKoil said on Thursday

The joint venture will be based on facilities of the Kogalym Chemical Reagent Plant, owned by LUKoil-West Siberia, which will own 34% in the venture, while Nalco will own the remaining 66%.

The planned chemical reagent output volumes wll rise to 27,830 tons in 2015 from 5,900 tons in 2011.

The joint venture will supply LUKoil-West Siberia and other companies with premium-class chemical reagents used for increasing the rate of oil recovery, treatment of well equipment and also for oil preparation.

Nalco will upgrade production, introduce production and service technologies, develop a new product line and train staff at the joint venture.

Source : RIA Novosti