OAO President Vagit Alekperov met, in Astrakhan today, with the heads of contractor organizations, below, taking part in the construction of production facilities for V. с field:
- Obyedinyonnaya Sudostroitelnaya Korporatsiya (United Shipbuilding Corporation) - ice-resistant fixed platform 1;
- Krasnye Barrikady shipyard - living quarters platform and riser block;
- Globalstroy Engineering - central processing platform;
- Bumi Armada Berhad - oil and gas pipelines to connect the V. Filanovsky and Yu. Korchagin fields;
- Saipem S.p.A. - pipelines to transport oil and gas onshore;
- Palmali Shipping Services and Agency Co. LTD - three support vessels.
President Alekperov also visited the Krasnye Barrikady shipyard and the assembly site where component assembly of offshore facilities will be done before they are loaded onto a transportation-and-assembly barge and taken to the respective offshore installation points.
“We attach great importance to the Filanovsky field development project because it represents a significant stage of the Caspian Sea complex development program, the focus of special attention of the Russian President. The winners of the tender for respective facility construction will surely have a certain competitive edge on contractors vying to participate in the development of other Caspian fields”, Mr. Alekperov commented.