Lundin Petroluem announced Wednesday that it has completed Tembakau-1, a well sited in the PM307 Block, offshore Malaysia, as a gas discovery.
Tembakau-1, a vertical well drilled to a depth of 5,135 feet (1,565 meters) in 220 feet (67 meters) water depth, penetrated around 197 feet (60 meters) of net gas pay in five high quality sand intervals in the Miocene objective.
An extensive data acquisition program was completed, including rock and fluid samples, pressure profiles and mini-drill stem testings. The well was plugged and abandoned, and further work will follow to estimate recoverable resource ranges.
“The discovery is the second successful well completed in PM307 in 2012 and continues our robust exploration performance in Malaysia that started in 2011 with six discoveries made from nine wells drilled,” said Lundin’s President and CEO Ashley Heppenstall in a statement.
Following Tembakau-1, the West Courageous rig moves south to drill the fifth and final well – Ara-1 which is sited in the PM308A Block– of Lundin’s 2012 exploration campaign.
Lundin operates six offshore blocks in Malaysia – PM307, PM308A, PM308B, SB303, SB307 and SB308 – through its subsidiary Lundin Malaysia. It holds a majority 75 percent interest in the blocks, while its partner Petronas Carigali holds the remaining 25 percent stake.
Lundin Strikes Gas Offshore Malaysia with Tembakau-1
Source : Neftegaz.RU