USD 64.2237

0

EUR 70.7296

0

BRENT 58.99

-1.67

AI-92 42.1

-0.01

AI-95 45.88

-0.01

AI-98 51.85

+0.01

Diesel 45.94

+0.03

88

Eni reached the highest-ever level of gas output from its Nooros field

Eni has strengthened its record production from the Nooros gas field, offshore Egypt.

Eni reached the highest-ever level of gas output from its Nooros field Eni reached the highest-ever level of gas output from its Nooros field


Rome, 15 March - Neftegaz.RU. Eni has strengthened its record production from the Nooros gas field, offshore Egypt, which reached a production of 32 million m3 per day, equivalent to around 215,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day (boed). This production level represents the highest ever recorded by an Eni field in Egypt in the last 50 years.

 

This significant result has been reached thanks to the start-up of the NW-7 well, the 13th drilled within this field. Production levels will increase further by June 2018 when a 14th well, currently under drilling, will start-up. This is expected to allow Eni to reach 34 million m3 per day of production, equivalent to around 230,000 boed.

 

The Nooros field was discovered in July 2015 in the Nile Delta offshore area and put into production in record time the following month. It is currently Eni’s main gas producing field in its Egyptian asset portfolio as well as an example of the success of the company’s integrated model.

 

Nooros’ development will also be optimized in the mid-term following the extension of the development lease that will entail new investments, in particular the construction of a new trunkline linking Nooros with the El Gamil onshore treatment plant by year end 2018 and early 2019, ensuring the above production level in the mid-term while maximizing recoverable reserves.

 

In the Nile Delta Concession, where Nooros is located, Eni holds a 75% stake through its affiliate IEOC Production BV, while BP holds the remaining 25%. The company has been present in Egypt since 1954 and is the country’s main producer with an equity production of more than 250,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day.

 

Source : Neftegaz.RU