USD 63.8272

-0.64

EUR 70.6695

-0.86

BRENT 64.17

-3.64

AI-92 42.39

0

AI-95 46.11

-0.01

AI-98 51.9

-0.01

Diesel 46.15

+0.01

12

Gas line break causes fire at Arundel High; one injured

One person was burned yesterday when a trailer used to heat roofing tar caught fire...

One person was burned yesterday when a trailer used to heat roofing tar caught fire at Arundel High School in Odenton, causing $10,000 in damage to the school.
Capt. Robert Rose, a spokesman for the Anne Arundel County Fire Department, said a ruptured gas line on the trailer caught fire about 2:55 p.m. The fire then spread to small section of the exterior of the school building before it was extinguished, Rose said.

A man who works for the contractor repairing the school's roof was injured while shutting off the gas, Rose said. Panagiotis Aronis of Crofton received nonlife-threatening burns to his arms, torso and face. He was taken to Johns Hopkins Bayview Burn Center

sunspot.net